In this episode, Justin Ponder sits with guest Ed Fields, the Senior Advisor and Chief Strategist for the City of Birmingham Mayor’s Office. In his role, Ed is responsible for strategic planning, thought leadership, and supporting transformative projects on behalf of Mayor Randall Woodfin. They discuss the future of DEI in the public sector, the importance of inclusion in predominantly Black communities, and how public-private partnerships can be used to champion DEI efforts.
TOPICS IN THIS EPISODE:
- DEI opportunities in the City of Birmingham
- Integrating diversity and inclusion into public-private partnerships
- The future of DEI in the public sector
- Effective talent management strategies from the City of Birmingham
- The importance of DEI efforts in predominantly Black communities
- Why you won’t get anywhere in DEI without Relationship Equity
- The meaning of Bridging Social Capital
- Ed’s vision for building an inclusive city full of opportunities
- How the private sector can build genuine relationships with local communities
Ed’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/honestlyed/
Ed’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/honestlyed/?hl=en
Ed’s Medium Page: https://honestlyed.medium.com/
Deanna’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deannasingh/
Justin’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-po…
Uplifting Impact YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNs1RS6JqrU7BHeOc5W6SbQ
Uplifting Impact Website: https://www.upliftingimpact.com/?hsLa...
Uplifting Impact is excited to announce Actions Speak Louder, the latest book by author and DEI expert, our very own, Deanna Singh. This book, available starting May 31st, 2022, is a step-by-step guide on how to create change and inclusivity both in the workplace and beyond. In this book, Deanna seeks to answer questions for organizations and teams of all sizes on how to create more inclusivity. Actions Speak Louder creates a blueprint for those who are ready to read, take action now, and build a better tomorrow.
Order Actions Speak Louder NOW: https://www.upliftingimpact.com/actio...