In this episode, I am very excited to share with you the conversation I had with Nate Todd. Nate has more than 14 years of experience in higher education and was named Tulsa Community College’s Dean of Diversity Equity and Inclusion in 2019. In that role, he’s responsible for leading and driving change through the development and implementation of strategic equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives across the college. In our conversation he explains the importance of bringing in students and young people to help drive change, and the context of being in Tulsa has shaped the work he does.
Topics in this episode
- Looking at the current state of things with positivity
- How can you make the most impact for positive change in your situation?
- The effect of COVID-19 on DEI work in the higher education space
- Aligning your institutional and organizational values with people who prioritize fighting injustice
- The damage done by being silent on important issues
- Making sure that programming reaches and resonates with everyone
- Ensuring that you continue the conversation once it’s started