Today we have an amazing guest, Sheree Atcheson - one of the UK’s most influential women in tech and an international multi-award winner for her services in diversity and inclusion in the industry. Sheree is currently the Global Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Peakon, an advisory board member for Women Who Code, contributor of Forbes, and author of Demanding More. In our conversation, we learn more about the reason she wrote Demanding More and the work to be done within the DEI space, how she launched Women Who Code in the UK and across Europe, and the work she does within her role at Peakon.
This was a fascinating conversation, and I cannot wait for the release of Demanding More, coming April 2021. For pre-order information, be sure to check the resources section below.
Topics in this episode
- Looking at inclusion from an analytical perspective
- Beginning the work of inclusion with education and understanding
- Taking a look at how you can do more for DEI within the systems you have access to
- Recognizing the impact of covid among minority groups
- Leveraging the success of work and organizations that already exist
- The importance of recognizing where you are best suited within an organization
- Looking beyond metrics that only capture diversity data - the importance and process of collecting data around inclusion as well
- Forbes pieces written by Sheree: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shereeatcheson/
- Articles relevant to our conversations:
- Kogan Page - use DEMANDINGMORE for 20% off: https://www.koganpage.com/product/demanding-more-9781398600447#showKeyFeatures
- Amazon : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Demanding-More-Diversity-Inclusion-Doesnt/dp/139860044X
- Goodreads : https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55876483-demanding-more?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=k104AoeIr4&rank=5
Other recent conversations we really enjoyed: